Cases of dilatation of the heart chambers due to autoimmune, endocrine and oncological diseases have been registered. The main role of the left atrium is to pump oxygenated blood to the region of the left ventricle, from where it enters the aorta and is carried to all human organs. The most common cause of enlargement of the left atrium is a narrowing or other pathology of the valve located between the left chambers of the heart.
With an insufficient opening between them, a large volume of blood cannot be quickly transferred from the left atrium, forming stagnation, which further leads to stretching of the chamber walls. In addition, a reverse flow of blood is also possible through the valve, which also provokes atrial expansion. Another cause of left atrial enlargement is atrial flutter - atrial fibrillation. However, arrhythmia can also develop secondarily, joining the dilatation.
The main symptoms of dilatation of the left atrium. The symptomatology of this disorder does not have its own different signs, since it exists only in connection with other diseases. A person may complain about arrhythmia or valve stenosis. Among them - severe or moderate shortness of breath, pallor and cyanosis of the skin.
Buy micardis tablets
The reason that causes the expansion of the left ventricle of the heart is the narrowing of the aortic valve that connects it to the aorta. The left ventricle performs the main pumping function, pumping blood to all organs of the human body. Therefore, even minor changes in the aortic valve will lead to a strong stretching of the ventricle. Also, the cavity of this chamber can change greatly due to arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease and myocarditis.
Dilatation of the right atrium. The right atrium carries venous blood with carbon dioxide coming from organs and tissues. It is a link in the pulmonary circulation, and the causes that provoke the development of dilatation of the right atrium are lung diseases. Congenital and acquired valve defects also play an important role in the occurrence of pathology.
Dilatation of the right ventricle.
- The main reason due to which the expansion of the right ventricle occurs is pulmonary hypertension, which is formed with an excessive load on the pulmonary circulation.
- Valvular changes due to bacterial infection (infective endocarditis) or fungal infection, as well as rheumatic heart disease, cause significant right ventricular dilatation.
- Minor enlargements of the cavities of the heart do not lead to the appearance of characteristic complaints of the patient.
- Therefore, often the initial changes are an accidental finding at routine preventive examinations.
- Diagnosis of cardiac dilatation.
- The main diagnostic method is an ultrasound examination of the heart.
- It allows you to evaluate the work of the body in full. dimensions of chambers, condition of vessels, valves.
- Electrocardiography is used to exclude concomitant pathology of the cardiovascular system, the type of rhythm and conduction disturbance.
- With the help of X-ray of the organs of the chest cavity, it is possible to assess the size of the heart and its chambers, to identify the presence of signs of pulmonary hypertension.
- Stress tests provide valuable information about the functionality of the cardiovascular system.
Buy generic telmisartan over the counter
Coronary angiography is prescribed to determine the tactics of surgical treatment. Therapeutic measures with an increase in the chambers of the heart. Treatment of dilatation of the left heart. The main tactic in the expansion of the left heart is the therapeutic correction of diseases that led to dilatation (CHD, myocarditis, malformations, arrhythmia). Moderate dilatation is the reason for the appointment of metabolic drugs, the action of which is aimed at improving metabolic processes in the cells of the body. Treatment of dilatation of the right heart.
As in the case of the left side of the heart, the main method of correction is the treatment of underlying diseases.
In cases where therapeutic methods do not give the desired result, the question of solving the problem in a radical way is raised, an operation is required to transplant a donor organ. Regardless of the affected part of the heart, almost every patient has signs of heart failure. Correction of this condition is reduced to the appointment of drugs of different pharmacological groups. antagonistsaldosterone, diuretics, beta-blockers, cardiac glycosides, antiplatelet agents. The dosage of drugs is determined individually in accordance with the stage of the disease, the presence of concomitant ailments, the age and weight of the patient.